Curb your carb craving with hearty, homemade garlic fries topped with America’s favorite comfort food: bacon mac and cheese! Not only do they they trump wobbly, fast food fries, but they are made using thick and juicy center cut bacon shipped fresh from Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. Read below for the full recipe (which only takes 40 minutes total from prep to finish) and enjoy!
4 slices of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Bacon
4 large yukon gold potatoes
1 16 oz box of uncooked macaroni
1/2 cup of whipping cream
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbs olive oil
2 tsp parsley
2 tsp garlic salt
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut each potato into 8 medium sized wedges. In a large bowl, combine the oil, garlic, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper. Toss the potato wedges to coat.
2. Set oven to 450 degrees, and pre-heat. Position wedges on top rack of oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Toss fries throughout this process so they brown evenly.
3. Boil a pot of water and add pasta. Cook until al dente. Add half a cup of heavy whipping cream and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. and stir gently until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place 4 pieces of bacon in a greased iron skillet on medium heat. Fry until cooked thoroughly in the middle and crisp (You can also microwave it for 4 minutes or until it reaches desired crispness!).
5. Crumble bacon and place half in the mac and cheese mix. Set the other half aside.
6. Move the fries into a lightly oiled cast iron skillet or 4 quart glass dish at least 5 inches deep. Place two cups of Mac and cheese mix on top, and place remaining bacon crumbles on top.
7. Place the cheesy potatoes back in the oven for 5 more minutes on broil, or until the dish has slightly browned. Garnish with chives, serve hot with sour cream on the side, or top with your favorite hot sauce!